Monday 23 September 2013

Forever Together

If we were together
could I lay my head upon your chest
and listen to your heart beat
Forever?

Would you brush away my tears
piece together
the fragments of my dreams
and chase away my fears?

If we were together
forever
would you keep me filled
to overflowing with your love
so my life was never wasted on despair?

If we cannot be together
ever
on this earth of ours
could you teach me
how to keep you in my heart
so I can feel you there

Forever?



Mandy Edwards (c) 2013

4 comments:

  1. I just realised I still had this on my blog, under the heading, Questions for God! However I have made some minor changes, so I will keep this here too ... editing is such a huge part of the whole writing process ... and I am editing here and there, constantly ... and often don't have the original to compare it with; when I look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem. Thank you! Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I post this poem on my blog? I'll give you full credit. Thanks: http://denise103152.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise ... I would be delighted if you posted this on your blog. Thank you. :)

      Delete