Monday 21 January 2013

Shadow puppets

Casting shadows ...


Remember creating puppet shadows on the wall when you were young? Such a lot of fun. Why be afraid of shadows as an adult ...



Shine your light upon me
Don't let ‘me’ get in the way,
Force out all my shadows
Let my fears be on display.

I long for you to shine your light
Yet resist you all the way,
Keep teasing out those shadows
Then you and me can play.

When I was a child
I would read all day and night,
Shine my torch beneath the blankets
Create shadows with the light.

It was a time of magic
Weird shapes and mystic forms,
I’d cast my light upon myself
And delight in what was 'born'.

Why now afraid of shadows
Just illusions of the mind,
Shine your light upon them
Truth and beauty you will find.

Be filled with light - not darkness
Keep that torch switched on,
Whenever you resist it
Chase those shadows right along.

They’ll slink into the corners
‘Til your light scares them away;
Keep them running, do not waver
Soon they won’t be back to stay.




 
 
Thank you Wendy James, for sharing this and giving my poem an extra dimension.
I love it.



 

4 comments:

  1. I love this one Amanda - 'Why now afraid of shadows?' I think the world is highly convoluted with mysterious occurrences but that should not frighten us for as you said,'We are full of light - not darkness/Chase those shadows along/‘til your light scares them away...'

    It's a beautiful piece... keep on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Innocent. You shine your light on me with your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you have a wonderful blog here. Your poems are inspiringly beautiful!

    I actually found your link through a comment you left on another blog (http://www.hotcupoflove.com/2013/01/22/dont-trust-seagulls/). I responded to your comment on there. It was an incredibly wise and deep comment.

    Keep up the good work here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. A wonderful way to start the day.

      Delete