Friday 8 February 2013

Let your inner child ... free!



If I were you and you were me
Would you feel so young and free?
But - you are me and I am you!
So why the look so sad and blue?

I know that you’re inside of me,
The part that feels, oh, so care-free,
But have I put some chains on you,
By limiting what you say and do?

Well when I yearn to shout and cry
You caution me and say – not, why
But - ask me not to make a scene,
Stem the flow of tears mid-stream.

And when I want to spread my wings
You tell me, “Think of possible things,”
Keep your feet upon the ground,
Nothing good is to be found …

Flying in and out of clouds.
In adult life, it aint allowed!
No time to notice marvellous things,
Or feel the joy that freedom brings.

If I were you and you were me
I would try to make you see ...
How you must let yourself be free
That’s what a grown up’s meant to Be!

4 comments:

  1. A delight..what beautiful lines.. If I were you and You were me..

    What meaning will life then take to be...

    I am amazed with your talent.. And Amanda.. thanks for the link..its fabulous..

    RS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ramesh. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are an abstract writer with multiple dimension to your expression. Well I don't understand abstract paintings though I love them very much. Whereas I not only understand your abstract poems which talks of on various facets of Life but also love them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing to say Prabhakaran. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete